There is a new testing system launched by HEC known as Higher Education Aptitude Test (HAT). The Education Test Council will be conducting this test for providing scholarships and to get admission in Masters Programs. A transparent and easily accessible testing process will be ensured for everyone.
Who can give this test?
The candidates who fulfill below criteria are eligible to appear in this test:
- All candidates who are interested in getting admission in any of the public or private universities of Pakistan for Master’s degree.
- Candidates who have already applied online on the HEC E-portal for the getting scholarship.
- All students who are interested in applying for the upcoming HEC advertised scholarships and the advertisement by universities for admissions.
How to register online?
- If you want to get yourself registered for this test, please apply on this link http://eportal.hec.gov.pk.
- If you face any issue while applying online, please feel free to contact HEC office of Islamabad or regional offices located in Karachi, Lahore, Quetta, Bahawalpur and Peshawar for help or you can send email email@example.com.
- If you want to talk to us, please dial the following number for help: 051-111-119-432 or 0334-111-9432.
- The application fees for registration is 500 Rs. that is non- refundable. The original deposit slip or ATM transfer slip should be deposited in favor of Director General Finance, Higher Education Commission. You can deposit the fees through any bank in Account Number 1742-79001334-01 Habib Bank of Pakistan.
Note: The last date of submission of online registration is 31st January, 2018.
Pattern of Test
On the basis of relevant disciplines, the test will be organized in four different categories.
HAT 1: This category is for Engineering and IT graduates. Test will be consisting of 40 % quantitative reasoning, 30% verbal reasoning, and 30% analytical reasoning.
HAT 2:This category is for Management Sciences and Business Education. Test will be consisting of 30 % quantitative reasoning, 30% verbal reasoning, and 40% analytical reasoning.
HAT 3:This category is for Art & Humanities and Social Sciences. Test will be consisting of 30 % quantitative reasoning, 40% verbal reasoning, and 30% analytical reasoning.
HAT 4:This category is for Agriculture &Veterinary Sciences, Biological Sciences, Medical Science and Physical Sciences. Test will be consisting of 30 % quantitative reasoning, 40% verbal reasoning, and 30% analytical reasoning.
All applicants are advised to please select the right category while online form filling.
Applicants can select their test centers from the list available of the website while applying online.
- The validity of test score will be two years.
- The candidates will be issued roll number slips on their addresses given by them or can be downloaded from HEC website.
- All candidates will receive SMS regarding their test venue, date and time.
- Candidates who have not applied through HEC online portal and submitted application will not be eligible to appear in the test.
- All the applicants have to meet the required eligibility criteria along with terms and conditions of admission mentioned by university in national newspapersadvertisements.